Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Michigan
A regularly-updated map of confirmed COVID-19 cases, borough by borough.
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Michigan
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
Cases, updates, and charts on the coronavirus crisis for each US state and territory. Just follow the links below.
Questions About COVID-19?
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page
Our most commonly answered questions can be found there, and are updated often.
- Find a Testing Site Near YouCall the COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136
Seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Email COVID19@michigan.gov
Emails will be answered as quickly as possible from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – FridaySubscribe to our COVID-19 News Updates
COVID-19 Updates from MDHHS
News Releases from the State Emergency Operations Center
News Releases from the Executive Office of the Governor
Coronavirus in Michigan News:
- June 4, 2020Duggan says curfew to remain in effect while police assess the safety of protests
Mayor Mike Duggan said the city’s curfew will remain in effect for at least two more days as protesters plan to continue rallying against police brutality in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death in M …
- June 4, 2020Michigan Senate OKs bill seeking additional police training
Amid national protests against police brutality, the Michigan Senate on Thursday unanimously passed Senate Bill 945, which aims to require additional police training. If enacted, SB 945 would require …
- June 4, 2020Prosecutor Worthy is ineligible to run for reelection, her opponent alleges in complaint to election officials
The Wayne County Election Commission is meeting Friday morning to consider a challenge to Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy’s candidacy for reelection. Worthy’s opponent, Victoria Burton-Harris, alle …
- June 4, 2020These Michigan cannabis companies are offering a discount for people with pot-related convictions
Several Michigan cannabis companies are offering a discount to people with marijuana-related misdemeanors or felonies on their record. Sure, it’s not the same as expungement for existing marijuana-rel …
- June 4, 2020Shelby Twp. Police Chief investigated for allegedly glorifying police brutality in social media posts
Shelby Twp. Police said on Thursday that claims allegedly linking the department’s chief to social media posts glorifying police brutality are being investigated. If the claims are true, this would ma …
- June 4, 2020Tennessee woman charged with possessing a Taser without a permit at Detroit protest
A Tennessee woman was charged Wednesday with possessing a Taser without a permit during a recent protest in Detroit. Detroit police arrested Jade Caldwell, 21, for violating the city’s curfew shortly …
- June 4, 2020The Detroit Zoo reopens for members on Monday with capacity limits
Since closing amid the coronavirus pandemic in mid-March, the Detroit Zoo has been losing $2.5 million each month. Now, the zoo has unveiled its reopening plan, starting Monday, June 8 — but don’t exp …
- June 4, 2020Someone put a Black Lives Matter shirt on the statue of Orville Hubbard, Dearborn's segregationist mayor
Folks, racism is officially canceled. Even Dearborn’s racist former mayor Orville Hubbard now supports Black Lives Matter. Someone put a BLM shirt over the statue of Dearborn’s longest-serving mayor, …
- June 4, 2020Detroit Police have change of heart and ignore curfew, escort Black Lives Matter marchers
It looks like Detroit’s Police Department is beginning to understand that symbolic gestures of solidarity only have impact if they’re backed up by action, cooperating with and supporting peaceful Blac …
- June 4, 2020Ben Blackwell supports the Metro Times Press Club, even though he has a bone to pick with us
When Metro Times editor Lee DeVito emailed me recently asking if I’d participate in this Press Club multilevel marketing scheme, I looked at my garage full of unsellable Amway and Party Lite castoffs …