Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Pennsylvania
A regularly-updated map of confirmed COVID-19 cases, borough by borough.
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Pennsylvania
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
Cases, updates, and charts on the coronavirus crisis for each US state and territory. Just follow the links below.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new virus that causes respiratory illness in people and is extremely contagious. Symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, and diarrhea.
The Latest Guidance
All 67 counties in Pennsylvania are under a Stay at Home Order through May 8. Stay home as much as possible. Try to get groceries once per week instead of daily. Freedom of travel remains, but please refrain from non-essential travel. Essential travel includes things like commuting to an essential job, picking up supplies like groceries and medicine, and checking on family and pets in other households. Do not host or attend gatherings.
Schools are closed until further notice. Life-sustaining businessesOpens In A New Window and services may continue to maintain in-person operations. View frequently asked questions about Governor Wolf’s order for businessesOpens In A New Window.
It is important that as many people as possible wear a nonmedical or homemade mask when leaving their homes. View instructions for how to make a homemade mask.
Pennsylvania will utilize a three-phase matrix to determine when counties and/or regions are ready to begin easing some restrictions on work, congregate settings, and social interactions. View Governor’s Wolf’s phased reopening plan for Pennsylvania.
The Pennsylvania COVID-19 guide was created as a place for Pennsylvanians to quickly find the resources they need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Coronavirus in Pennsylvania News:
- June 2, 2020Police say 4 officers shot in St. Louis protests
- June 2, 2020Police fired tear gas, nonlethal bullets in Philadelphia
- June 2, 2020Authorities accuse Ill. man of traveling to Chicago for protests with homemade bombs
- June 2, 2020Trump and Putin discuss Russia’s attendance at G-7, but allies are wary
- June 2, 2020East Liberty protest’s violence spurred by small ‘splinter group’ of outsiders, Peduto says
- June 2, 2020Dormont’s council votes to keep pool closed
Last week, the Friends of Dormont Pool announced it would be willing to donate $25,000 to help cover the costs of opening of the pool for the summer.
- June 2, 2020Fresh Fest is going digital this year
America’s first black beer festival, scheduled for August in Pittsburgh’s Allentown neighborhood, going digital this year due to COVID-19.
- June 2, 2020Protesters, police clash in East Liberty
- June 1, 2020Counting over 60,000 COVID-19 cases at nursing homes, CMS pushes states to do more
- June 1, 2020Mayor continues assertion that Saturday's violence was fueled by anarchists
Pittsburgh police promise that more arrests will be made.