Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Pennsylvania
A regularly-updated map of confirmed COVID-19 cases, borough by borough.
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Pennsylvania
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
Cases, updates, and charts on the coronavirus crisis for each US state and territory. Just follow the links below.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new virus that causes respiratory illness in people and is extremely contagious. Symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, and diarrhea.
The Latest Guidance
All 67 counties in Pennsylvania are under a Stay at Home Order through May 8. Stay home as much as possible. Try to get groceries once per week instead of daily. Freedom of travel remains, but please refrain from non-essential travel. Essential travel includes things like commuting to an essential job, picking up supplies like groceries and medicine, and checking on family and pets in other households. Do not host or attend gatherings.
Schools are closed until further notice. Life-sustaining businessesOpens In A New Window and services may continue to maintain in-person operations. View frequently asked questions about Governor Wolf’s order for businessesOpens In A New Window.
It is important that as many people as possible wear a nonmedical or homemade mask when leaving their homes. View instructions for how to make a homemade mask.
Pennsylvania will utilize a three-phase matrix to determine when counties and/or regions are ready to begin easing some restrictions on work, congregate settings, and social interactions. View Governor’s Wolf’s phased reopening plan for Pennsylvania.
The Pennsylvania COVID-19 guide was created as a place for Pennsylvanians to quickly find the resources they need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Coronavirus in Pennsylvania News:
- April 16, 2021Save Moondog's concert raises over $55,000 for Blawnox club
The virtual benefit, which ran from March 24-26, raised $55,432 for the blues club, which has been closed since the pandemic began in March 2020.
- April 16, 2021Facing backlash, Simon & Schuster won't distribute book by officer involved in Breonna Taylor's death
- April 16, 2021Princes William, Harry won't walk side-by-side at grandfather's funeral
Prince William and Prince Harry won’t walk side-by-side as they follow their grandfather’s coffin into the church ahead of Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday.
- April 16, 2021Driver killed, juvenile injured in rollover crash in Duquesne
- April 16, 2021Transit riders who pay cash tell Port Authority about concerns with fare-structure changes
- April 16, 2021Buying Here: Garfield condo has industrial vibe on top, Primanti's below for under $260,000
- April 16, 2021Pittsburgh-born F. Murray Abraham is game to play on 'Mythic Quest'
Abraham may be most well-known for serious roles, but he also loves providing audiences with a genuine laugh.
- April 16, 2021Gerry Dulac: Why let James Conner walk? It's all part of the plan
- April 16, 2021City of Asylum to hold 10-day international literary festival in May
Authors Olga Tokarczuk, Mieko Kawakami, Forrest Gander and Viet Thanh Nguyen to discuss identity, migration and displacement.
- April 16, 2021Grow parsley for flavor — and swallowtail butterflies!