Coronavirus cases and fatalities in New Jersey
A regularly-updated map of confirmed COVID-19 cases, borough by borough.
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in New Jersey
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
Cases, updates, and charts on the coronavirus crisis for each US state and territory. Just follow the links below.
How can I protect myself from COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus?
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has issued a series of steps that you can take to protect yourself. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
All gatherings of individuals, such as parties, celebrations, or other social events, unless otherwise authorized, are prohibited.
If you must leave your home:
- Do not leave your home if you are quarantined or in home isolation. If you need essential goods or services while in isolation, refer to this article.
- If you must leave home to access essential goods, please go at non-peak times. Retail food stores have been encouraged to maintain separate operating hours for senior citizens and other high-risk populations.
- You should wear a face covering whenever you leave your home and MUST wear one when shopping at essential retail businesses, entering a restaurant or bar to pick up takeout orders, or when traveling on public transportation. For more guidance on using face coverings, refer to this article.
- If you refuse to wear a face covering for non-medical reasons, a business may deny you entry. Businesses providing medication, medical supplies, or food may not deny entry, but may offer other methods of pickup or goods delivery.
- Keep your visit to essential retail stores as brief as possible, and go alone if possible.
- When shopping and standing in line, please keep six feet between yourself and others.
- Please do not enter a retail facility if you have symptoms consistent with COVID19 (such as fever or a cough), have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are undergoing a quarantine for potential exposure to COVID-19.
For information on COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus and its impact on businesses, please visit the State of New Jersey COVID-19 business information hub at https://cv.business.nj.gov. You’ll find information about resources, assistance, and regulations. On the site, you can also live chat with a representative from the NJ Department of State’s Business Action Center.
Coronavirus in New Jersey News:
- November 29, 2020Report: 37% of working families in NJ struggled to make ends meet prior to COVID pandemic
Working families living about the federal poverty line struggle with New Jersey’s high cost of living. …
- November 26, 2020Zoom nightmare come true: New Jersey school board member resigns after streaming bathroom break during meeting
Stop taking Zoom into the bathroom. A New Jersey school board member accidentally broadcast her bathroom break during a board meeting and resigned. …
- November 28, 2020Football is a snap for Gloucester's Adrian Delgado
Steve Burkhardt ran for 239 yards and had four touchdowns as the Lions won for the first time in five years against the crosstown rival Rams. …
- November 27, 2020South Jersey retailers welcome Small Business Saturday support to kickoff holiday season
Shopping small can have big impact during the 11th Annual Small Business Saturday campaign hosted by American Express. …
- November 26, 2020H.S. football: Highland feasts on Triton before fight ends game
Highland continued its winning ways against its rival, but the game will be remembered for a melee that ended it prematurely. …
- November 26, 2020Long-time C-P sportswriter Walt Burrows dies at 93
Burrows was the dean of high school sports during his six-decade career at the Courier-Post. …
- November 23, 2020Plan calls for three apartment buildings and hotel at Moorestown Mall
Court filing says 345-unit apartment building and a hotel would rise in first phase of mall’s redevelopment plan …
- November 25, 2020NJ Native American tribes participate in Thanksgiving for the family and food not the history
Nanticoke Lenni Lenape tribe share their perspective and traditions for Thanksgiving. …
- November 25, 2020Broken finger to fake snow, Chevy Chase dishes on 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'
Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo are hosting a salute to “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.” Hear secrets, from a broken finger to fake snow. …
- November 28, 2020Governors are downplaying the COVID risk in schools, say teacher unions
Thousands of school-aged children have had COVID-19 in New Jersey, but most didn’t catch it in school. That’s reason to stay open, say governors. …