Coronavirus cases and fatalities in New Jersey
A regularly-updated map of confirmed COVID-19 cases, borough by borough.
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in New Jersey
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
Cases, updates, and charts on the coronavirus crisis for each US state and territory. Just follow the links below.
How can I protect myself from COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus?
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has issued a series of steps that you can take to protect yourself. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
All gatherings of individuals, such as parties, celebrations, or other social events, unless otherwise authorized, are prohibited.
If you must leave your home:
- Do not leave your home if you are quarantined or in home isolation. If you need essential goods or services while in isolation, refer to this article.
- If you must leave home to access essential goods, please go at non-peak times. Retail food stores have been encouraged to maintain separate operating hours for senior citizens and other high-risk populations.
- You should wear a face covering whenever you leave your home and MUST wear one when shopping at essential retail businesses, entering a restaurant or bar to pick up takeout orders, or when traveling on public transportation. For more guidance on using face coverings, refer to this article.
- If you refuse to wear a face covering for non-medical reasons, a business may deny you entry. Businesses providing medication, medical supplies, or food may not deny entry, but may offer other methods of pickup or goods delivery.
- Keep your visit to essential retail stores as brief as possible, and go alone if possible.
- When shopping and standing in line, please keep six feet between yourself and others.
- Please do not enter a retail facility if you have symptoms consistent with COVID19 (such as fever or a cough), have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are undergoing a quarantine for potential exposure to COVID-19.
For information on COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus and its impact on businesses, please visit the State of New Jersey COVID-19 business information hub at https://cv.business.nj.gov. You’ll find information about resources, assistance, and regulations. On the site, you can also live chat with a representative from the NJ Department of State’s Business Action Center.
Coronavirus in New Jersey News:
- June 4, 2020Historic Haddonfield tree topples in thunderstorm
Historic Haddonfield oak tree topples in thunderstorm …
- June 4, 2020NJ breweries, distilleries and wineries can reopen for outdoor drinking this month
NJ craft breweries will soon be able to start serving beer lovers outdoors …
- June 4, 2020Here's what nonessential retail stores need to do if they want to reopen on June 15
Gov. Phil Murphy on Thursday issued guidance for nonessential retailers preparing to open June 15 in the state’s second phase of reopening. …
- June 5, 2020Sea Oaks Country Club operator seeks bankruptcy protection
Operator of Sea Oaks Country Club faces lawsuit over $10.2 million debt …
- June 4, 2020Sending your child to day care when they reopen in NJ? Here's what they're doing to keep kids safe
NJ day cares reopen June 15. We talked to child care centers to see what they have planned to keep staff and children safe. …
- June 4, 2020Camden chief's protest march role gets clap from state NAACP head
Camden County’s police chief taking part in a protest march was an encouraging more, the head of the state NAACP says. …
- March 23, 2020Gannett launches website to help local small businesses hit hard by coronavirus crisis
Gannett, the owner of USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local media properties, is launching a nationwide effort to support local small businesses. …
- January 22, 2020The Best of South Jersey 2020
Votes have been cast for the best food, people, activities and businesses in South Jersey in 2020. …
- April 2, 2020Loved and Lost: Portraits of our family, friends and neighbors taken by coronavirus
We are asking relatives and friends of those lost to coronavirus to share with us the stories of their lives. …
- June 4, 2020RCSJ announces 'One Book, One College' selection
Rowan College of South Jersey invites the community to participate in its ‘One Book, One College’ program …