Coronavirus cases and fatalities in New Jersey
A regularly-updated map of confirmed COVID-19 cases, borough by borough.
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in New Jersey
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
Cases, updates, and charts on the coronavirus crisis for each US state and territory. Just follow the links below.
How can I protect myself from COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus?
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has issued a series of steps that you can take to protect yourself. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
All gatherings of individuals, such as parties, celebrations, or other social events, unless otherwise authorized, are prohibited.
If you must leave your home:
- Do not leave your home if you are quarantined or in home isolation. If you need essential goods or services while in isolation, refer to this article.
- If you must leave home to access essential goods, please go at non-peak times. Retail food stores have been encouraged to maintain separate operating hours for senior citizens and other high-risk populations.
- You should wear a face covering whenever you leave your home and MUST wear one when shopping at essential retail businesses, entering a restaurant or bar to pick up takeout orders, or when traveling on public transportation. For more guidance on using face coverings, refer to this article.
- If you refuse to wear a face covering for non-medical reasons, a business may deny you entry. Businesses providing medication, medical supplies, or food may not deny entry, but may offer other methods of pickup or goods delivery.
- Keep your visit to essential retail stores as brief as possible, and go alone if possible.
- When shopping and standing in line, please keep six feet between yourself and others.
- Please do not enter a retail facility if you have symptoms consistent with COVID19 (such as fever or a cough), have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are undergoing a quarantine for potential exposure to COVID-19.
For information on COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus and its impact on businesses, please visit the State of New Jersey COVID-19 business information hub at https://cv.business.nj.gov. You’ll find information about resources, assistance, and regulations. On the site, you can also live chat with a representative from the NJ Department of State’s Business Action Center.
Coronavirus in New Jersey News:
- September 18, 2020Portraits highlight Camden's heroes, beautify blighted spaces
Asked to complete the idea ‘Camden is…’ subjects talked about what their city means to them. The portraits are part of a project to combat blight. …
- September 18, 2020Camden gun attack targeted home of Camden County officers and their baby
Investigators seek public’s help after attack on officers’ East Camden home …
- September 17, 2020Mount Laurel to accept proposals for operation of Paws Farm through end of year
Advocate groups looking to take over the operation of Paws Farm now have until the end of the year to submit a proposal to the township. …
- September 18, 2020Lenape High School temporarily closes after 2 individuals test positive for COVID-19
After the second positive case was reported, the district said it was advised by the Burlington County Health Department to close on Friday. …
- September 17, 2020Bass River woman accused of selling drugs that killed man earlier this year
The investigation began on Feb. 16 after police discovered the body of Michael Kramer on the bathroom floor of a home on Route 542 in Bass River. …
- September 17, 2020Man killed after struck by vehicle along Westampton road
The incident occurred just after 6 a.m. in the area of Woodlane Roand and Indel Avenue. …
- September 16, 2020At Rosh Hashanah, food and memories feed a new year
“My grandmother explained to me that she hadn’t had ‘zwetschgenkuchen’ since her last Rosh Hashanah in Germany. At that time she was just 15 years old. Now in her late 70s, the memories came flooding …
- September 17, 2020Battleship New Jersey Museum, fighting for funding in new state budget, remains closed
Battleship New Jersey Museum loses state funding in new state budget while maior North Jersey museums get financial help …
- September 16, 2020Developer drops plans, at least for now, for sports betting parlor at former track
Developer of former Garden State Park Racetrack cites impact of pandemic, government restrictions …
- September 16, 2020Wawa brings party to Main Street to spotlight Millville associate Patricia Burkhardt
South Jersey woman among several employees to suggest kid-friendly takeouts now available in 900 stores. …