Coronavirus cases and fatalities in New Jersey
A regularly-updated map of confirmed COVID-19 cases, borough by borough.
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in New Jersey
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
Cases, updates, and charts on the coronavirus crisis for each US state and territory. Just follow the links below.
How can I protect myself from COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus?
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has issued a series of steps that you can take to protect yourself. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
All gatherings of individuals, such as parties, celebrations, or other social events, unless otherwise authorized, are prohibited.
If you must leave your home:
- Do not leave your home if you are quarantined or in home isolation. If you need essential goods or services while in isolation, refer to this article.
- If you must leave home to access essential goods, please go at non-peak times. Retail food stores have been encouraged to maintain separate operating hours for senior citizens and other high-risk populations.
- You should wear a face covering whenever you leave your home and MUST wear one when shopping at essential retail businesses, entering a restaurant or bar to pick up takeout orders, or when traveling on public transportation. For more guidance on using face coverings, refer to this article.
- If you refuse to wear a face covering for non-medical reasons, a business may deny you entry. Businesses providing medication, medical supplies, or food may not deny entry, but may offer other methods of pickup or goods delivery.
- Keep your visit to essential retail stores as brief as possible, and go alone if possible.
- When shopping and standing in line, please keep six feet between yourself and others.
- Please do not enter a retail facility if you have symptoms consistent with COVID19 (such as fever or a cough), have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are undergoing a quarantine for potential exposure to COVID-19.
For information on COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus and its impact on businesses, please visit the State of New Jersey COVID-19 business information hub at https://cv.business.nj.gov. You’ll find information about resources, assistance, and regulations. On the site, you can also live chat with a representative from the NJ Department of State’s Business Action Center.
Coronavirus in New Jersey News:
- May 6, 2021Mall operator reports larger loss, sues theater chain over unpaid rent
PREIT, owner of Cherry Hill, Moorestown and Vineland malls, reports deficit grew in latest quarter …
- May 6, 2021What does the future hold for this South Jersey historic mansion?
A developer has a local permit to demolish the historic Tomlinson Mansion in Stratford but may rebuild part of the structure into the complex facade. …
- May 6, 2021How Popeyes, a polar vortex in Texas and COVID-19 made chicken wing prices soar
The chicken shortage has put financial strain on restaurant owners, who must either raise their prices or keep prices steady and take a revenue hit. …
- May 6, 2021Rutgers opens COVID vaccination clinics at Piscataway, Newark, Camden campuses
Rutgers is prepared to vaccinate up to 1,350 people per day, based on demand and vaccine supply across all its vaccination locations. …
- May 5, 2021Once unwanted, Burlington County Animal Shelter rescue now a police K-9
Before Arrow the Belgian Malinois became a police K-9, he had lived at the Burlington County Animal Shelter for nearly eight months. …
- May 4, 2021Main Camden County Library branch is renovated, remodeled, reopening
Closed due to the pandemic and a $2 million renovation, the Voorhees branch now has expanded services, new work and meeting spaces and a host of other upgrades. …
- May 6, 2021Solvay to stop using 'forever chemicals' at West Deptford plant
Chemical firm says it will stop using fluorosurfactants at South Jersey site by the end of June …
- May 6, 2021Rowan, Stockton latest NJ universities to require COVID-19 vaccine for students
Two South Jersey institutions join a growing list of colleges in the state mandating student vaccinations for COVID-19. …
- April 27, 2021See results for 2021's Best of South Jersey
- May 6, 2021Meet Pfc. Bandit, taking on a traditional role with local Marine detachment
Bandit’s first official duty is scheduled be the Vineland Memorial Day ceremony. …