Coronavirus cases and fatalities in North Carolina
A regularly-updated map of confirmed COVID-19 cases, borough by borough.
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in North Carolina
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
Cases, updates, and charts on the coronavirus crisis for each US state and territory. Just follow the links below.
Family & Community COVID-19 Resources
Locate Nearby Free Meal Sites
Text FOODNC to 877-877 to find local sites offering free meals. The texting service is also available in Spanish by texting COMIDA to 877-877. Or use No Kid Hungry North Carolina’s interactive map, which is updated daily.
Call 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162
Text COVIDNC to 898211
- North Carolina is seeking companies and manufacturers that can produce and provide the necessary supplies to successfully respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more.
- In sharing a path for easing certain COVID-19 restrictions, Gov. Roy Cooper says more progress is needed in testing, tracing and trends. (View plan for moving forward.)
- The state is working with academic partners to monitor the prevalence of COVID-19 over time and to learn the extent of cases in which patients have mild or no symptoms.
- Stay at Home Order in effect until April 29; gatherings limited to 10 people. (Read the order. View FAQs.)
- Modeling shows social distancing necessary to slow COVID-10 spread and preserve hospital capacity.
- Tighter social distancing restrictions in effect for retail stores, long-term care facilities. (View FAQs.)
- Latest health guidance: People with mild symptoms should stay home and call a doctor. For serious symptoms, call a doctor or 911.
Coronavirus news in North Carolina:
- November 24, 2020Cooper tightens mask mandate as one-fifth of NC counties now coronavirus hotspots
Gov. Roy Cooper reinforced statewide coronavirus restrictions on Monday as a growing number of North Carolina counties are considered hotspots for viral spread. …
- November 24, 2020How safe are students at school amid pandemic?
With coronavirus cases surging across North Carolina and more school districts making plans to bring more students back to the classroom for in-person instruction, questions are swirling as to how saf …
- November 24, 2020List: How to help feed hungry local families this Thanksgiving
The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina and other organizations across the Triangle need help feeding hungry people over the holidays. …
- November 24, 2020COLUMN: Choose a gift that changes lives
Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2020 — A holiday guide suggesting “gifts with meaning” rather than one more scarf or tie that will sit in the bottom of a drawer. This year I recommend three inspiring organizations …
- November 24, 2020Parents charged after infant hit by car
Deputies said the baby’s mother, Brianna Morris, 26, told them she and the child’s father, Jamar Griffin, 45, were fighting when she set the child’s car set in the path of the car while they fought. …
- November 24, 2020NYC's first African-American mayor, David Dinkins, has died
David Dinkins, who broke barriers as New York City’s first African-American mayor, but was doomed to a single term by a soaring murder rate, stubborn unemployment and his mishandling of a riot in Broo …
- November 24, 2020Car crashes into Fallon's Flowers in downtown Raleigh
Police said there were no injuries reported in the crash. …
- November 24, 2020Biden transition gets govt OK after Trump out of options
The federal government recognized President-elect Joe Biden as the “apparent winner” of the Nov. 3 election, formally starting the transition of power after President Donald Trump spent weeks testing …
- November 24, 2020Woman injured in airplane crash is making a remarkable recovery
A young woman who was seriously injured from a plane crash is making a slow but steady in her recovery. …
- November 24, 2020Vance County stepping up coronavirus precautions
Health officials in Vance County said going from orange to red on the state’s alert map was a wake up call about community spread. …