Coronavirus cases and fatalities in South Dakota
A regularly-updated map of confirmed COVID-19 cases, county by county.
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in South Dakota
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
Cases, updates, and charts on the coronavirus crisis for each US state and territory. Just follow the links below.
Coronavirus news in South Dakota:
- September 7, 2020COVID-19 testing capacity available to test SDSU students
While current self-reported COVID-19 cases on the South Dakota State University campus are less than 100, the university has the capacity to test up to 200 students daily for COVID-19. To be tested, s …
- August 26, 2020SDSU offers students COVID-19 drive-thru testing
South Dakota State University is offering COVID-19 drive-thru testing by appointment for SDSU students. Testing started at 1 p.m. Wednesday. The drive-thru testing is only for SDSU students who have b …
- August 19, 2020South Dakota State University Hobo Day Statement
South Dakota State University officials and the 2020 Hobo Day Committee continued to meet over the summer and explore options as pertaining to this year’s Hobo Day celebration. Hobo Day is one of SDSU …
- August 18, 2020SDSU Student Health Clinic and Counseling Services has 3 rapid point-of-care testing machines; ADRDL certified for testing
South Dakota State University’s Student Health Clinic and Counseling Services has three rapid point-of-care COVID-19 testing machines in place for testing of symptomatic students. The machines are fro …
- August 17, 2020The South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum received South Dakota Humanities CARES Act Grant
The South Dakota Humanities Council CARES Act Grant allocated $14,050 to the South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum.
- August 12, 2020SDSU scientists to examine how coronavirus infects cells
Identifying the mechanisms through which the new coronavirus enters and infects cells can help scientists combat COVID-19—and perhaps other emerging viruses. Professor Adam Hoppe of the South Dakota S …
- July 23, 2020Regents Adopt Tiered Approach to Face Covering Protocols
The South Dakota Board of Regents has adopted a tiered approach to face covering requirements for its six public universities when the fall academic term begins Aug. 19.
- June 30, 2020South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum set to re-open Aug. 17
The South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum will re-open to the public Aug. 17. The re-opening date is in partnership with the South Dakota Art Museum’s re-opening. During the remainder of our tempo …
- June 18, 2020SDSU distributed more than $3 million in CARES Act funds to students
South Dakota State University distributed more than $3 million to its students as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Nearly 5,300 students received funds. Students …
- June 12, 2020SDSU Dairy Bar to open Monday
The SDSU Dairy Bar will reopen for business Monday. The facility will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday through Aug. 14. When arriving, customers are encouraged to use the doors mark …