Coronavirus cases and fatalities in France
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in France
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS COVID-19?
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses. COVID-19 is a new strain of coronavirus that causes illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases.
It is zoonotic, meaning that it was transmitted from animal to human. It is now sure that the disease can be transmitted from human to human.
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, coughing, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE VIRUS?
The virus does not spread on its own. People who have the virus are the ones who spread it. Therefore, the following measures can help you protect yourself (and others) from the virus:
- Wash your hands very often;
- Cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve or with a tissue when you cough or sneeze;
- Use single-use tissues, and then throw them away;
- Do not shake hands or greet people with kisses on the cheek;
- Avoid gatherings, reduce travel and contacts.
What should you do if you are feeling ill?
If, while you are in France, you have signs of a respiratory infection (a fever or feverish feeling, a cough), stay at home and call a doctor. If the symptoms get worse, dial 15 or call or send a text to 114 if you have a speech or hearing impairment.
Coronavirus in France News:
- October 21, 2020Murderer of teacher paid students to identify him, says French prosecutor
The 18-year-old Chechen who beheaded a French teacher for showing caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad in a civics class paid students in front of the school to identify him, anti-terrorism public pros …
- October 21, 2020Seven people brought before a judge over beheading of French teacher
Seven people, including two minors, were handed over to a judge overnight for the opening of a judicial investigation and possible indictments in last week’s murder of French teacher Samuel Paty, an o …
- October 21, 2020France to pay respects to beheaded teacher with ceremony at Sorbonne
France will pay tribute Wednesday to a history teacher beheaded in a quiet Paris suburb as President Emmanuel Macron promised to intensify a clampdown on Islamist extremism.
- October 21, 2020Teaching in France: ‘I feel like I'm on the frontline of making kids better’
France is holding a national tribute to Samuel Paty, the history teacher murdered outside his school because of a class he gave on freedom of speech in which he showed cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed …
- October 20, 2020Manchester United beats PSG in Champions League opener in Paris
Marcus Rashford produced another late strike to sink Paris Saint-Germain as Manchester United beat last season’s runners-up 2-1 at the Parc des Princes in their Champions League group-stage opener on …
- October 20, 2020France to 'intensify' actions against Islamist extremism after teacher beheaded
French President Emmanuel Macron announced on Tuesday the dissolution of a pro-Hamas group active in France, accused of being “directly implicated” in the murder of teacher Samuel Paty. Speaking days …
- October 20, 2020Police say French teacher’s killer sent texts to parent angry over Mohammad cartoons
French authorities said Tuesday they would close a Paris mosque in a clampdown on radical Islam following the beheading of a teacher who had shown his pupils controversial cartoons of the Prophet Moha …
- October 20, 2020'We're a different team': PSG, Manchester United set history aside for Champions League opener
Paris St Germain will focus on combating Manchester United’s counter attacks in their Champions League opener on Tuesday, 18 months after a heart-breaking elimination by the English side in Europe’s p …
- October 19, 2020Age of intolerance? Outrage in France after beheading of schoolteacher
Is nothing sacred? Since the 19th century, France has sent out public schoolteachers to the four corners of the country with a mission to embody the values of the Republic. To behead a social studies …
- October 19, 2020French NGOs take Twitter to court for failing to moderate hate speech
French NGOs took Twitter to court in Paris on Monday morning, accusing the social media giant of not doing enough to tackle hate speech online.