Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Brazil
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Brazil
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
Coronavirus basic information
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that cause respiratory infections. The new coronavirus agent was discovered on 12/31/19 after cases registered in China. It causes the disease called (COVID-19).
Coronavirus incubation period
The incubation period is the time it takes for the first symptoms to appear since coronavirus infection, which can be 2 to 14 days. The coronavirus can be transmitted even if symptoms are not present.
How is the coronavirus transmitted
Transmission occurs from one sick person to another or through close contact through:
- Handshakes or other physical contact
- Droplets of saliva
- Contaminated objects or surfaces such as cell phones, tables, door handles, toys, and computer keyboards etc.
Preventing the spread of coronavirus
To stop the spread of coronavirus, you should only leave the house for very limited purposes:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home
Coronavirus in Brazil News:
- October 27, 2020Brazil Extends Military Deployment to Protect Amazon Rainforest through April 2021
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Brazil’s conservative government will extend the military’s deployment to fight the destruction of the Amazon rainforest by five months through April 2021 from its previous No …
- October 27, 2020Atlantic Ocean’s First 200-Meter Water Layer Holds Many Tons of Microplastic Waste
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – According to a new study, there are millions of tons of microplastics in the Atlantic. In the upper water layers of the first 200 meters alone there are approximately 12 to 21 …
- October 27, 2020Superior Court Judge’s Son Garners Support for Appointment to National Justice Council
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Mário Henrique Aguiar Goulart Ribeiro Nunes Maia, son of Judge Napoleão Nunes Maia of the Federal Superior Court (STJ), Brazil’s second-highest court, should rely on the suppo …
- October 27, 2020Brazil’s Soy Planting Advances as Rains Return to Center-West Region
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Brazilian soybean farmers have planted 23 percent of the estimated 2020/2021 crop through Thursday of last week, as rains permitted sowing to progress after a drought that del …
- October 27, 2020Brazil’s Financial Market Projects 4.81 Percent GDP Drop in 2020
SÃO PAULO, BRAZIL – Brazilian financial analysts upgraded slightly their economic growth forecast for 2020, from a five percent drop in gross domestic product (GDP) to a 4.81 percent drop, the Central …
- October 27, 2020Murders in São Paulo State Increase by 17.8 Percent; Third Consecutive Monthly Rise
SÃO PAULO, BRAZIL – With an increase of 17.8 percent in September, the number of intentional murders rose for the third consecutive month in São Paulo, according to statistics released on Monday, Octo …
- October 27, 2020Militia and Drug Trafficking Influence Elections in 14 Cities in Rio de Janeiro State
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Militia and drug trafficking have advanced in Rio de Janeiro and are influencing the electoral campaign in 14 cities in the state. This is pointed out in a report by ‘Disque D …
- October 27, 2020First Coronavac Doses to Reach São Paulo Within One Week, Says Governor
SÃO PAULO, BRAZIL – The first six million doses of the Chinese Coronavac vaccine will arrive in São Paulo within a week. The São Paulo government is also counting on clearance by ANVISA (National Heal …
- October 27, 2020Survey: 46.9 Percent of Brazilians Prefer to Wait for Results on Efficacy Before Vaccination
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Brazilians are split on a potential vaccine against Covid-19, according to a survey by the National Confederation of Transports (CNT) with the MDA Institute published on Monda …
- October 27, 2020Brazil’s Economy Minister: ‘At No Point Did I Think Brazilian Democracy Was at Risk’
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Minister of Economy Paulo Guedes on Monday, October 26th, reiterated that the current government is creating an open society in Brazil. He said he had never questioned that Br …