Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Brazil
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Brazil
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
Coronavirus basic information
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that cause respiratory infections. The new coronavirus agent was discovered on 12/31/19 after cases registered in China. It causes the disease called (COVID-19).
Coronavirus incubation period
The incubation period is the time it takes for the first symptoms to appear since coronavirus infection, which can be 2 to 14 days. The coronavirus can be transmitted even if symptoms are not present.
How is the coronavirus transmitted
Transmission occurs from one sick person to another or through close contact through:
- Handshakes or other physical contact
- Droplets of saliva
- Contaminated objects or surfaces such as cell phones, tables, door handles, toys, and computer keyboards etc.
Preventing the spread of coronavirus
To stop the spread of coronavirus, you should only leave the house for very limited purposes:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home
Coronavirus in Brazil News:
- August 7, 2020June Real Estate Sales in Rio de Janeiro Grow 40 Percent over May
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – A survey conducted by Secovi Rio (Rio de Janeiro’s Housing Union) shows that the city of Rio, particularly the real estate sector, is gradually rebounding from the economic im …
- August 7, 2020Analysis: Biodiversity Depletion Favors Emergence of New Pandemics
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – In 1965, the year the current World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom was born, the world’s population was 3.32 billion. Of this total, over 35 percent were …
- August 7, 2020Ceará State Researchers Mobilize to Ship Tilapia Skin to Lebanon to Treat Burn Victims of Explosion
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Researchers of the Tilapia Skin Project, of the Federal University of Ceará (UFC), are conducting a campaign to sensitize the Brazilian authorities to ease the shipment of the …
- August 7, 2020Brazil’s Unemployment Rate Rises to 13.3 Percent in Q2, Says IBGE
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – The unemployment rate rose to 13.3 percent in the quarter between April and June, up 1.1 percentage points over the quarter that ended in March, according to a report by IBGE …
- August 7, 2020Covid-19: Butantan Says Vaccine Production in Brazil Possible in October
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Dimas Covas, director of the Butantan Institute, said yesterday, August 6th, that a vaccine against Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, could be available f …
- August 7, 2020Bolsonaro Signs Provisional Measure Earmarking R$1.9 Billion to Manufacture Oxford Vaccine
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – On Thursday, August 6th, President Jair Bolsonaro signed a provisional measure that grants a budget credit of R$1.9 billion (US$380 million) to ensure the purchase of 100 mill …
- August 7, 2020Brazil Defense Minister Suspends Raid on Illegal Miners in Amazon Indigenous Land
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Brazil’s Defense Ministry on Thursday suspended operations by environmental agents acting against illegal miners on an indigenous reservation in the Amazon, saying it was acti …
- August 7, 2020Argentina Prepares 3-Pronged Diplomatic Offensive to Recover Falklands Sovereignty
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Argentina is planning to intensify its policy to claim sovereignty over the Falklands and other South Atlantic Islands, using a road map that contemplates three immediate obje …
- August 7, 2020Guedes Says He Will Announce Three or Four Privatizations Within 60 Days
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Brazil’s Economy Minister Paulo Guedes said yesterday, August 6th, that within 30 to 60 days he will announce three or four large company privatizations. He took part in an on …
- August 7, 2020Impotence Treatment Drug May Be Effective Against Covid-19
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – The drug known as Aviptadil, prescribed for individuals with erectile dysfunction, may, according to some researchers, work in the fight against Covid-19. Health officials in …