Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Australia
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Australia
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
Coronavirus symptoms (according to Australian Government Department of Health)
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
If you are sick and think you might have COVID-19, check your symptoms using healthdirect’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Symptom Checker.
How to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Australia:
- practise good hygiene
- practise social distancing
- follow the limits for public gatherings
- understand how to self-isolate if you need to.
See more information and advice for people most at risk, including:
Looking after your mental health
Prioritising your mental health is important in difficult times.
If you are feeling worried or anxious about COVID-19 there are steps you can take. Find out more at Head to Health’s COVID‑19 support page.
The Prime Minister has activated the Emergency Response Plan for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
To find out how the Australian Government is managing COVID-19, go to Government response to the outbreak.
Coronavirus in Australia News:
- April 21, 2021Pfizer and Moderna could be produced in Australia
Coronavirus vaccines like Pfizer and Moderna could be produced in Australia for the first time as the Victorian Government invests $50 million into the domestic manufacturing of mRNA vaccine technolog …
- April 21, 2021Workers warned spies are using LinkedIn to try and steal state secrets
Spies are using career networking site LinkedIn to try and steal national secrets, according to reports.At least 10,000 people in the UK have been approached by "fake profiles linked to hostile s …
- April 21, 2021Murder probe after man, 30, found dead in Melbourne's west
Homicide detectives are investigating after a man's body was found at a property in Melbourne's west yesterday.The 30-year-old Kurunjang man was discovered at a property on Henry Street in M …
- April 20, 2021No further COVID-19 NZ spread after airport worker case
- April 21, 2021Police officer in Brisbane hospital with blood clots after Pfizer vaccine
A police officer has reportedly been hospitalised in Brisbane with blood clots three days after receiving the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine.9News understands the 40-year-old man – a frontline worker resp …
- April 21, 2021Brittany Higgins writes to PM about her wishes for upcoming meeting
Brittany Higgins has written to Prime Minister Scott Morrison expressing her wishes for their upcoming meeting, which is expected to take place next week.The former Liberal staffer went public in Febr …
- April 21, 2021UN experts demand evidence missing Dubai princess is alive
UN human rights experts have called on the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to give "concrete" proof that the missing daughter of Dubai's ruler is still alive.Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed Al …
- April 21, 2021Forensic report on 'murdered' mum's injuries could take nine months
It could take nine months before pathologists are able to determine the full extent of allegedly murdered Gold Coast woman Kelly Wilkinson's injuries.The young mother, 27, was found with burns to …
- April 21, 2021Family can 'breathe again' as Derek Chauvin found guilty
The brother of George Floyd has choked back tears after former Minneapolis Police officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of all three charges in a trial dubbed as an "historic" moment for Am …
- April 20, 2021Patient left gasping for air for 10 hours as Indian hospitals buckle
Seema Gandotra, sick with the coronavirus, gasped for breath in an ambulance for 10 hours as it tried unsuccessfully to find an open bed at six hospitals in India's sprawling capital. By the time …