Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Australia
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Australia
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
Coronavirus symptoms (according to Australian Government Department of Health)
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
If you are sick and think you might have COVID-19, check your symptoms using healthdirect’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Symptom Checker.
How to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Australia:
- practise good hygiene
- practise social distancing
- follow the limits for public gatherings
- understand how to self-isolate if you need to.
See more information and advice for people most at risk, including:
Looking after your mental health
Prioritising your mental health is important in difficult times.
If you are feeling worried or anxious about COVID-19 there are steps you can take. Find out more at Head to Health’s COVID‑19 support page.
The Prime Minister has activated the Emergency Response Plan for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
To find out how the Australian Government is managing COVID-19, go to Government response to the outbreak.
Coronavirus in Australia News:
- January 21, 2021'Some think I'm dangerous'
At 24 years of age in September 1988, a baby-faced Dennis Rostron had just made the biggest mistake of his life.In a blind rage at an outstation near Gunbalanya, in a remote part of the Northern Terri …
- January 21, 2021In Pictures: How the world's newspapers hailed the new President
- January 21, 2021Fire hits building at world's largest vaccine maker in India
A fire broke out Thursday at a building under construction at Serum Institute of India, the world's largest vaccine manufacturer, possibly affecting its future expansion of COVID-19 vaccine produ …
- January 21, 2021Letters from past presidents to their successors
- January 21, 2021China's new travel restrictions ahead of Luna New Year
China's National Health Commission (NHC) has announced a series of domestic travel restrictions to curb the spread of COVID-19 as the country prepares for mass movement of people to celebrate Lun …
- January 21, 2021Trump issues one last pardon in 11th hour as president
Fox News host Jeanine Pirro successfully lobbied former President Donald Trump in an eleventh-hour effort to pardon her ex-husband in the final hours of his presidency, CNN has learned.Ms Pirro was up …
- January 21, 2021Four-day heatwave will be 'shock to the system'
Parts of Australia are set to endure a four-day heatwave with temperatures set to reach the high 30s and early 40s over the weekend.Authorities are on high alert as the Australia Day long weekend appr …
- January 21, 2021Donald Trump's last moments as president
- January 21, 2021China builds massive COVID-19 quarantine camp
China is rushing to build a massive quarantine camp that can house more than 4,000 people, after an outbreak of COVID-19 this month that has left tens of millions of people under strict lockdown.The q …
- January 21, 2021TODAY IN HISTORY: Louis XVI of France is executed by guillotine