Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Poland
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Poland
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
Wash your hands often
Remember to often wash your hands using soap. If it is impossible, disinfect them with alcohol-based (at least 60%) liquids/gels. The virus can be transferred from infected surfaces on the hands, so you lower the risk of infection by washing your hands often. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
Keep safe distance
Keep at least 1 – 1.5 meter distance from a coughing, sneezing or feverish person. Avoid big gatherings.
Protect others if you cough or sneeze yourself
If you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth and nose with a bent arm or a tissue and immediately dispose of it into a closed bin. Wash your hands with water and soap or disinfect them with alcohol-based (at least 60%) liquids. Covering your mouth and nose as you cough and sneeze prevents germs, including viruses, from spreading.
Regularly wash and disinfect touch surfaces
Wash surfaces often touched by many people, such as desks, counters and tables, door-handles, switches and handrails with water and detergent. All places which the household members often use should be carefully disinfected. Remember that microbes collect easily on mobile phones. Regularly disinfect your mobile phone (e.g. with wet wipes soaked with a disinfectant). Do not put a mobile phone on the table and do not use it as you eat.
Coronavirus in Poland News:
- August 4, 2020Global report: France 'could lose control of Covid-19 at any time'
- July 30, 2020The Guardian view on falling rape prosecutions: women’s rights are regressing | Editorial
- July 30, 2020Russia-aligned hackers running anti-Nato fake news campaign – report
- July 28, 2020How Poland’s election puts at risk LGBT rights, the courts and the free press
- July 26, 2020Council of Europe 'alarmed' at Poland's plans to leave domestic violence treaty
- July 20, 2020EU leaders in bitter clash over Covid-19 recovery package
- July 18, 2020Standing up for the 'real' Poland: how Duda exploited rural-urban divide to win re-election
- July 17, 2020Duda's victory in Poland helps draw a 'pink line' through Europe | Mark Gevisser
- July 17, 2020Poland divided and right-wing populists win again – podcast
- July 16, 2020Dutch town ends ties with Polish twin declared 'gay-free zone'