Coronavirus cases and fatalities in UAE
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in UAE
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
What is SARS-CoV-2? What is COVID-19?
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
What are some COVID-19 symptoms?
Symptoms of COVID-19 vary in severity from having no symptoms at all (being asymptomatic) to having fever, cough, sore throat, general weakness and fatigue and muscular pain and in the most severe cases, severe pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, sepsis and septic shock, all potentially leading to death. Reports show that clinical deterioration can occur rapidly, often during the second week of disease.
Recently, anosmia – loss of the sense of smell – (and in some cases the loss of the sense of taste) have been reported as a symptom of a COVID-19 infection. There is already evidence from South Korea, China and Italy that patients with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection have developed anosmia/hyposmia, in some cases in the absence of any other symptoms.
Coronavirus in UAE News:
- August 10, 2020Will UAE students have to replace school bags with plastic?
- June 26, 2020Telecom operator in UAE loses Dh1 million after forgery by staff
- August 3, 2020New Master's programme in Drug Discovery and Development from Gulf Medical University
- August 7, 2020COVID-19: Dubai taxis start removing isolation barriers
- July 5, 2020Man in jail for snatching bag after indecent proposal in Dubai
- July 27, 2020COVID-19: Precautions during Eid Al Adha in UAE, risks of smoking, and more men infected than women
- May 20, 2020COVID-19: Dubai’s RTA updated metro timings
Dubai: Starting from Wednesday May 20, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) in Dubai has updated the service hours of public transport, in addition to customer happiness centres. The new timings al …
- August 9, 2020COVID-19: Wheels of justice did not halt in Dubai as courts take the smart route
- August 5, 2020UAE Embassy in Beirut calls on citizens to take maximum precautions
- June 21, 2020Watch: All you need to know about UAE solar eclipse
Dubai: On June 21, the UAE witnessed a partial annular eclipse, commonly known as a solar eclipse. The annular eclipses occur when the Moon – passing between Earth and the Sun – is not quite close eno …