Coronavirus cases and fatalities in UAE
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in UAE
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
What is SARS-CoV-2? What is COVID-19?
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
What are some COVID-19 symptoms?
Symptoms of COVID-19 vary in severity from having no symptoms at all (being asymptomatic) to having fever, cough, sore throat, general weakness and fatigue and muscular pain and in the most severe cases, severe pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, sepsis and septic shock, all potentially leading to death. Reports show that clinical deterioration can occur rapidly, often during the second week of disease.
Recently, anosmia – loss of the sense of smell – (and in some cases the loss of the sense of taste) have been reported as a symptom of a COVID-19 infection. There is already evidence from South Korea, China and Italy that patients with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection have developed anosmia/hyposmia, in some cases in the absence of any other symptoms.
Coronavirus in UAE News:
- March 16, 2020Jail awaits those who spread rumours about coronavirus in UAE
- March 15, 2020Gang of three on trial in Dubai for Dh457,000 gold scam
- May 24, 2020UAE weather: Rain, dust, thunderstorms and cloud seeding on the first day of Eid
- May 30, 2020Gulf News scribe bags TRACE Prize for Investigative Reporting
- May 13, 2020New clinics to collect plasma from recovered COVID-19 patients in UAE
- May 30, 2020Coronavirus: Mixed feelings as UAE heads back to work
- May 3, 2020Coronavirus UAE: Remote learning workload becoming a stressor
Abu Dhabi: The coronavirus outbreak may have deemed school unsafe for thousands of children, and positioned remote learning as a viable alternative to continue education. But after more than a month o …
- May 13, 2020Vande Bharat Mission: 178 Indians land in Amritsar from Dubai
New Delhi: Air India special flight on Wednesday brought back 178 stranded Indians from Dubai to Amritsar, said Union Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri. “I am very happy that 178 stranded and distr …
- May 10, 2020UAE weather: Cloudy, dusty and hazy conditions in the UAE today
Dubai: UAE residents can expect fair to partly cloudy conditions across the UAE on Sunday, May 10. Hazy conditions that have persisted this week, and can affect visibility today. Strong winds will be …
- March 12, 2020Driving schools of the future