Coronavirus cases and fatalities in UAE
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in UAE
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
What is SARS-CoV-2? What is COVID-19?
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
What are some COVID-19 symptoms?
Symptoms of COVID-19 vary in severity from having no symptoms at all (being asymptomatic) to having fever, cough, sore throat, general weakness and fatigue and muscular pain and in the most severe cases, severe pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, sepsis and septic shock, all potentially leading to death. Reports show that clinical deterioration can occur rapidly, often during the second week of disease.
Recently, anosmia – loss of the sense of smell – (and in some cases the loss of the sense of taste) have been reported as a symptom of a COVID-19 infection. There is already evidence from South Korea, China and Italy that patients with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection have developed anosmia/hyposmia, in some cases in the absence of any other symptoms.
Coronavirus in UAE News:
- January 5, 2021New year, new lease of life – meet two grateful Sharjah inmates who were released early
- December 10, 2020Gang arrested for raping girl, circulating video on social media in UAE
- November 9, 20207-metre whale shark spotted in Abu Dhabi
- December 26, 2020Watch: New generation of traditional wooden abras launched in Dubai
Dubai: Mattar Mohammed Al Tayer, Director-General, Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), has launched the enhanced new generation of traditional wood …
- January 13, 2021Dubai Police recover stolen car from the sea, on ship bound for European country
- January 17, 2021UAE Tour: Kelderman among three Bora-Hansgrohe riders injured in crash
- January 14, 2021Indian expats in UAE mark harvest festivals with subdued celebrations amid COVID-19
Dubai: No kite-flying, no song and dance over bonfire and no mega picnic plans. Traditional rituals associated with Indian harvest festivals marking the end of winter were given a miss as Indian expat …
- December 8, 2020Most UAE students use cars to reach school, worsening morning rush-hour traffic, study finds
- November 3, 2020Vehicle catches fire in Dubai
- January 19, 2021Dubai Judicial Institute to boost UAE’s position on the global judicial map
Dubai: Dubai Judicial Institute (DJI) welcomed the president of the University of Paris II Pantheon-Assas to strengthen the UAE’s leading position on the international legal and judicial map. Dr Jamal …