Coronavirus cases and fatalities in UAE
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in UAE
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
What is SARS-CoV-2? What is COVID-19?
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
What are some COVID-19 symptoms?
Symptoms of COVID-19 vary in severity from having no symptoms at all (being asymptomatic) to having fever, cough, sore throat, general weakness and fatigue and muscular pain and in the most severe cases, severe pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, sepsis and septic shock, all potentially leading to death. Reports show that clinical deterioration can occur rapidly, often during the second week of disease.
Recently, anosmia – loss of the sense of smell – (and in some cases the loss of the sense of taste) have been reported as a symptom of a COVID-19 infection. There is already evidence from South Korea, China and Italy that patients with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection have developed anosmia/hyposmia, in some cases in the absence of any other symptoms.
Coronavirus in UAE News:
- October 22, 2020Watch: UAE gets ready to make ‘Titanic of the Gulf’ a tourist hotspot
- September 29, 2020Dubai Taxi’s ‘In Safe Hands’ service remains popular despite COVID-19 challenges
- August 31, 2020RTA goes paperless with vehicle testing certificates
- August 25, 2020Sharjah private schools to hold only distance learning for first two weeks of new term
- September 23, 2020Mobile phone scam busted in Sharjah, nine arrested
- October 26, 2020Sheikh Mansoor Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum issues new decree for sports clubs
- September 27, 2020Sharjah Police launch online programme to help reduce traffic violation points
- August 15, 2020Dubai to open two model bus stations to attract more passengers use public transport
- October 26, 2020Expat woman falls to death while trying to escape arrest in Sharjah
- October 20, 2020Remembering veteran Emirati journalist Ibrahim Al Abed: Pioneer of UAE media