Coronavirus cases and fatalities in South Africa
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in South Africa
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
President Ramaphosa announced that the COVID-19 outbreak has been declared a national state of disaster in terms of the Disaster Management Act.
Call centres and hotlines
Call Centre number is 012- 337 1997 and email Corona19ters@labour.gov.za
Coronavirus in South Africa News:
- October 20, 2020News24.com | Former cop who sold guns to gangs seemingly released before serving third of sentence
By 2016, some of the firearms were linked to the deaths of 89 children and a further 170 children were injured. One of the stolen firearms sold to gangs is also ballistically linked to the deaths of 1 …
- October 20, 2020News24.com | Shepherd Bushiri hands himself over to the Hawks after arrest of wife
Self-proclaimed prophet Shepherd Bushiri handed himself over to the Hawks following the arrest of his wife on Tuesday morning.
- October 20, 2020News24.com | Deputy Auditor-General Tsakani Maluleke gets the nod for top job
Deputy Auditor-General Tsakani Maluleke was the “best of the best” candidate for the job as Auditor-General and all parties in Parliament agreed she should get it.
- October 20, 2020News24.com | Ace Magashule's foundation failed to pay university fees in Turkey, stranded students claim
A student in Turkey claims she is stranded because the Ace Magashule Foundation has failed to pay her fees.
- October 20, 2020News24.com | Covid-19 corruption: Hawks to make more arrests this week, 80 000 illegal payments yet to be probed
The Hawks say, while they have a lot on their plate, collaboration with other crime fighting units has yielded results.
- October 20, 2020News24.com | Dean Elgar predicts high-intensity domestic cricket season
Titans batsman Dean Elgar is expecting a strong and intense start to the 4-Day Franchise Series when the new season kicks off in a little under two weeks.
- October 20, 2020News24.com | LIVE | SA's Covid-19 death toll at 18 492 with 705 254 cases, Madrid hospital 'swamped' amid surge
Stay up to date with the latest news, views and analysis as the number of coronavirus cases in SA increases.
- October 20, 2020News24.com | Numsa loses court battle to halt Barloworld retrenchments
Barloworld began retrenching staff in its Caterpillar business following a decline in demand due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the lockdowns in the territories it operates in.
- October 20, 2020News24.com | Wednesday's weather update: Hot conditions to persist on Wednesday
Wednesday’s weather will keep in line with the hot weather experienced over the last couple of days, according to the South African Weather Service.
- October 20, 2020News24.com | WATCH | Curfew declared in Nigeria's Lagos over 'monster' protests
Authorities declared a 24-hour curfew in Nigeria’s economic hub Lagos as violence flared in widespread protests that have rocked cities across the country.