Coronavirus cases and fatalities in South Africa
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in South Africa
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
President Ramaphosa announced that the COVID-19 outbreak has been declared a national state of disaster in terms of the Disaster Management Act.
Call centres and hotlines
Call Centre number is 012- 337 1997 and email Corona19ters@labour.gov.za
Coronavirus in South Africa News:
- April 19, 2021News24.com | Western Cape fire crews on high alert for Table Mountain flare-ups
Fire Fighters in Cape Town will remain on high alert throughout Monday evening as fears grow of another flare-up of the massive mountain veldfire. Officials of the Table Mountain National Park said fi …
- April 19, 2021News24.com | Suspended mall manager apologises to Ndebele activist, says video was 'taken out of context'
Suspended Boulders Mall manager Jose Maponyane appeared before the CRL Commission on Monday.
- April 19, 2021News24.com | Samwu against City of Cape Town's decision to dismiss 525 firefighters following unlawful strike
Many of the firefighters risking their lives to bring Cape Town’s devastating Table Mountain fire under control are doing so while in a protracted dispute over their shifts, and are worried about bein …
- April 19, 2021News24.com | WATCH | Walter Sisulu University protest action: Police nyala torched, campus' cafeteria looted
The violent protest, with regard to a string of student demands, including the waiving of student debt and the provision of funding and accommodation, entered its fourth day on Monday.
- April 19, 2021News24.com | Three months' rent or a ticket back home? Cape Town refugee, asylum seeker groups must decide
South Africa’s law relating to refugees and asylum seekers does not allow shelter in tents so “protest” groups were offered sweeteners to leave Cape Town Covid-19 tents.
- April 19, 2021News24.com | Two bag top prize in the Daily Lotto jackpot
Here are the results for the draw.
- April 19, 2021News24.com | Cape Town fire: Blade Nzimande saddened after African Studies Library goes up in flames
Minister of Higher Education, Science and Innovation Blade Nzimande has welcomed the swift response to the fire that ravaged part of Cape Town, including sections of UCT, on Sunday and Monday.
- April 19, 2021News24.com | US embassy in SA 'carefully' following Lindani Myeni investigation
The United States embassy in Pretoria say they are monitoring the investigation surrounding the killing of KwaZulu-Natal-born Lindani Myeni in Hawaii.
- April 19, 2021News24.com | Covid-19: High school pupil drowns at Free State quarantine facility
A 16-year-old pupil has drowned at a Covid-19 quarantine facility in the Free State, according to the provincial health department.
- April 19, 2021News24.com | Bushiris have till Friday to hear outcome of bid to fight SADC Protocol in extradition battle
Self-proclaimed prophet Shepherd Bushiri and his wife Mary will have to wait until Friday to hear outcome of request to dismiss South Africa’s bid to have them extradited, on the grounds they claim it …