Coronavirus cases and fatalities in South Africa
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in South Africa
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
President Ramaphosa announced that the COVID-19 outbreak has been declared a national state of disaster in terms of the Disaster Management Act.
Call centres and hotlines
Call Centre number is 012- 337 1997 and email Corona19ters@labour.gov.za
Coronavirus in South Africa News:
- August 12, 2020News24.com | Police brutality under lockdown: Public has 'no faith' in cops
Policing systems are failing women and children, according to Dr Bronwynne Anderson of the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- August 12, 2020News24.com | Northern Cape Education MEC McCollen Ntsikelelo Jack dies of Covid-19
Northern Cape Education MEC McCollen Ntsikelelo Jack, also known as Mac Jack, has died due to Covid-19.
- August 12, 2020News24.com | 'ANC is a devil's fart' – King Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo on tender corruption scandal
The ANC is “a devil’s fart” and its alleged actions should not be tolerated or it will run the country into the ground, AbaThembu King Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo says following reports of alleged PPE tend …
- August 12, 2020News24.com | Family members and state tenders: Yes or no? Join the debate
What do you think about family members of government officials doing business with the state? Give us your views. Join the debate in the comments section.
- August 12, 2020News24.com | WRAP | Matric exam dates set, Ramaphosa ‘told to drop tobacco, booze ban’
Stay up to date with the latest news, views and analysis as the number of coronavirus cases in SA increases.
- August 11, 2020News24.com | Make the most of your digital subscription. Share 5 subscriber-exclusive articles with friends
You’ve subscribed to News24, now make the most of your digital subscription features.
- August 12, 2020News24.com | It is in the interest of the public that the Public Protector be held to account – judge
After a judge said it is in the interest of the public that Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane be held accountable.
- August 12, 2020News24.com | No disruptions as Grade 7s return to school, say provincial education departments
Schools were closed from 27 July until 24 August, but Grade 12 pupils were given a week’s break and Grade 7 had two weeks.
- August 12, 2020News24.com | Covid-19: There are hopeful signs the virus has peaked, says SAMRC
The South African Medical Research Council says there are hopeful signs the Covid-19 pandemic reached its peak in all the provinces at the end of July.
- August 12, 2020News24.com | Strong anti-corruption message is the main theme at John Nkadimeng's memorial service
The ANC and its alliance partners have decried corruption and vowed to fight against it in honour of the late struggle hero John Nkadimeng.