Coronavirus cases and fatalities in South Africa
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in South Africa
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
President Ramaphosa announced that the COVID-19 outbreak has been declared a national state of disaster in terms of the Disaster Management Act.
Call centres and hotlines
Call Centre number is 012- 337 1997 and email Corona19ters@labour.gov.za
Coronavirus in South Africa News:
- May 31, 2020News24.com | WATCH LIVE | Ramaphosa leads SA to observe National Day of Prayer
Stay up to date with the latest news, views and analysis as the number of coronavirus cases in SA increases.
- May 31, 2020News24.com | Coronavirus: SA needs many more ICU beds to be ready for Covid-19 peaks, says Ramaphosa
President Cyril Ramaphosa has admitted that the shortage of ICU beds remains the “greatest need” in the government’s fight against Covid-19.
- May 31, 2020News24.com | ANALYSIS | Tobacco trade bred industry with 'criminality, political links embedded in DNA'
Most cigarette companies are virtuosos in pushing illicit ciggies, side-stepping taxes and sidling up to government officials and politicians.
- May 31, 2020News24.com | Eastern Cape premier in self-quarantine after staffer tests positive for Covid-19
Mabuyane’s spokesperson says it has come to the premier’s attention that one of his staff members has tested positive. They were self-isolating at home.
- May 31, 2020News24.com | Coronavirus: Gauteng health dept cautions against fraudsters targeting suppliers for PPE
It is believed that the modus operandi of these fraudsters is to send bogus Request for Quote (RFQ) forms to procure health equipment from unsuspecting companies.
- May 31, 2020News24.com | News24 launches brand new website
News24, South Africa’s largest digital publisher, on Saturday launched a new-look, redesigned desktop and mobile website.
- May 31, 2020News24.com | Ramaphosa to instruct police minister to ensure Free State journalist's 'safe passage' to SA
President Cyril Ramaphosa says he will direct Police Minister Bheki Cele to ensure that Free State community journalist Paul Nthoba can return home safely, after he fled to Lesotho for out of fear for …
- May 31, 2020Sport24.co.za | Villa's Mings says Premier League return 'financially driven'
Aston Villa defender Tyrone Mings says players were the “last to be consulted” over the Premier League’s “financially driven” plan to restart in June.
- May 31, 2020Sport24.co.za | Tennis star Osaka adds powerful voice to protests over police brutality in US
Naomi Osaka joined the chorus of athletes condemning the death of George Floyd, posting pictures of protests from the Minnesota city on her Instagram account.
- May 31, 2020News24.com | Motshekga to address nation after meeting with unions, who insist schools not ready for reopening
Education unions have met with Basic Education Minister Angie Motshekga in a bid to convince her that the education system was simply not ready to open.