Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Russia
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Russia
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
What are coronaviruses?
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that cause infection in humans and various animals, including birds and mammals such as camels, cats and bats. Some animal coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are communicable from animals to humans. To date, it has been confirmed that seven coronaviruses can also cause infection in humans. When animal coronaviruses evolve, infect humans and spread between humans, this can lead to outbreaks such as MERS-CoV and SARS.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
The symptoms range from mild to severe respiratory disorders with fever, coughing and breathing difficulties. The elderly and people with existing chronic conditions appear to be more vulnerable to serious symptoms. Certain population groups are considered to be more at risk; they are more vulnerable to developing serious symptoms. These are mainly people over 65 years of age and people suffering from serious chronic diseases.
Coronavirus in Russia News:
- August 7, 2020‘I want changes!’. Minsk court jails two sound engineers for ten days for playing a famous protest song at a pro-government event
On Friday, August 7, a Minsk court jailed sound engineers Kiryl Halanau and Uladzislau Sakalouski for ten days on administrative charges of minor hooliganism and disobedience, reports Mediazona. The c …
- August 7, 2020Political consultant arrested in Belarus accused of inciting riots
Well-known political consultant Vitaly Shklyarov, who was arrested in Belarus on July 29, is facing charges of inciting riots under Article 342 of the Belarusian Criminal Code, Shklyarov’s lawyer Anto …
- August 7, 2020Another opposition candidate’s campaign chief arrested just days before end of presidential elections in Belarus
Belarusian presidential candidate Sergey Cherechen (Syarhey Cherachen) has reported the arrest of his campaign chief, Nikolai Lysenkov, says the Belarusian news outlet TUT.by.
- August 7, 2020Russian artists refuse to play state-sponsored concerts in Belarus after fans ask them ‘not to support dictatorship’
A number of Russian artists have refused to perform at the free, state-sponsored concerts taking place across Belarus on the day before the presidential elections (the vote is on August 9). This was r …
- August 7, 2020State prosecutors request prison terms for activists accused of dressing a Putin mannequin in a prisoner’s uniform
State prosecutors in Perm have requested prison terms for the three defendants in a hooliganism case that was opened over a protest action involving a Putin mannequin dressed up in a prisoner’s unifor …
- August 7, 2020Putin and Lukashenko discuss arrest of 33 suspected Russian mercenaries in Belarus
Russian President Vladimir Putin had a phone call with Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko (Alyaksandr Lukashenka) on Friday, August 7 — just two days before the presidential elections in Belaru …
- August 7, 2020Indigenous groups in Northern Russia ask Elon Musk to boycott Russian mining company ‘Nornickel’
Representatives of indigenous peoples in Russia’s North, Siberia, and Far East have asked Elon Musk to boycott Nornickel. In an open letter, the group “Aborigen Forum” says Tesla should refuse to buy …
- August 7, 2020‘It’s a death sentence’. The scene inside and outside the courthouse as the defendants in a controversial Russian extremism case received their sentences
On Thursday, August 6, Moscow’s Lublinsky Court handed down sentences to the defendants in the controversial “Novoe Velichie” (New Greatness) extremism case. According to state investigators, the seve …
- August 6, 2020‘For the auto-lady’s convenience’. A Kazan department store unveiled pink parking spaces ‘for female customers’ and nobody was happy about it
State prosecutors in the Russian city of Kazan have ordered a local department store to remove its newly created parking spaces “for female customers.” The Kazan Prosecutor’s Office is maintaining tha …
- August 6, 2020Approximately 1,000 medical workers in St. Petersburg have yet to receive government insurance benefits after contracting COVID-19 on the job
As of the end of July, only about 1,500 healthcare workers in St. Petersburg who filed for government insurance benefits after contracting COVID-19 while on the job had actually been issued payments, …