Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Japan
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Japan
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
What are coronaviruses?
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that cause infection in humans and various animals, including birds and mammals such as camels, cats and bats. Some animal coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are communicable from animals to humans. To date, it has been confirmed that seven coronaviruses can also cause infection in humans. When animal coronaviruses evolve, infect humans and spread between humans, this can lead to outbreaks such as MERS-CoV and SARS.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
The symptoms range from mild to severe respiratory disorders with fever, coughing and breathing difficulties. The elderly and people with existing chronic conditions appear to be more vulnerable to serious symptoms. Certain population groups are considered to be more at risk; they are more vulnerable to developing serious symptoms. These are mainly people over 65 years of age and people suffering from serious chronic diseases.
Coronavirus in Japan News:
- October 27, 2020COVID-19 tests are the real pandemic moneymakers
Renewed outbreaks highlight the need for a better approach to containing the virus, and broad surveillance testing offers a way forward that’s easy on the …
- October 27, 2020Komeito seeks Go To Travel campaign extension until May
With an eye on Tokyo and Lower House polls, the party has put forward proposals to the its coalition partner, the Liberal Democratic party, ahead …
- October 27, 2020Sushi and canned coffee get unlikely boost from record-breaking ‘Demon Slayer’ movie
Promotional tie-ins with the hit film have boosted Kura Sushi and Dydo’s sales.
- October 27, 2020Runaway police dog found after search on Hyogo’s Mount Nagusa
A police dog that ran away during an operation to locate a missing woman on mountain in Hyogo Prefecture was found Tuesday after an extensive …
- October 27, 2020Nine scenarios for the 2020 U.S. elections
Can U.S. voters really stop the degradation of their politics? Will they make the right decision on Nov. 3? There is not much that friends …
- October 27, 2020Biotech future of promise and peril looms larger and closer
Emerging technology poses new and novel questions. Unfortunately, the time to answer them is growing short.
- October 27, 2020Japan approves bill to offer all residents free COVID-19 vaccines
With a budget of ¥671.4 billion, deals have been struck with AstraZeneca PLC and Pfizer Inc. for 120 million doses from each. Negotiations with Moderna …
- October 27, 2020Japan’s unorthodox household goods champion rides a pandemic boom
Iris Ohyama has made a name through reasonably priced electronics, and launches more than 1,000 new products a year.
- October 27, 2020Aichi museum sets up steam locomotive preservation fund
Meiji-Mura is asking for donations to help maintain its two trains, one of which has been running in Japan since 1874.
- October 27, 2020School trips in Japan go virtual during pandemic
With fears over the coronavirus continuing, students are taking part in remote excursions from the safety of their classrooms.