Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Belgium
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Belgium
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
What are coronaviruses?
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that cause infection in humans and various animals, including birds and mammals such as camels, cats and bats. Some animal coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are communicable from animals to humans. To date, it has been confirmed that seven coronaviruses can also cause infection in humans. When animal coronaviruses evolve, infect humans and spread between humans, this can lead to outbreaks such as MERS-CoV and SARS.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
The symptoms range from mild to severe respiratory disorders with fever, coughing and breathing difficulties. The elderly and people with existing chronic conditions appear to be more vulnerable to serious symptoms. Certain population groups are considered to be more at risk; they are more vulnerable to developing serious symptoms. These are mainly people over 65 years of age and people suffering from serious chronic diseases.
Coronavirus in Belgium News:
- April 11, 2021Colombia’s cartels target Europe with cocaine, corruption and torture
- April 8, 2021Spain, Belgium and Italy restrict AstraZeneca Covid vaccine to older people
- April 4, 2021The big picture: the end of the Easter eggs
- April 2, 2021The eggs factor: Belgian pop star finds fame again from rural Irish exile
- April 2, 2021Curfews and quarantines: Europe faces another Easter of Covid restrictions
- April 2, 2021Police in Brussels use teargas and water cannon to disperse fake concert crowd – video
- April 1, 2021Police charge crowd gathered in Brussels park for fake concert
- March 29, 2021The New Gospel review – a thrilling and unsettling Easter story
- March 25, 2021Ghent Altarpiece: 'most stolen' artwork has new €30m home in bulletproof glass
- March 25, 2021EU leaders push back against bloc's plans to halt Covid vaccine exports