Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Belgium
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Belgium
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
What are coronaviruses?
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that cause infection in humans and various animals, including birds and mammals such as camels, cats and bats. Some animal coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are communicable from animals to humans. To date, it has been confirmed that seven coronaviruses can also cause infection in humans. When animal coronaviruses evolve, infect humans and spread between humans, this can lead to outbreaks such as MERS-CoV and SARS.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
The symptoms range from mild to severe respiratory disorders with fever, coughing and breathing difficulties. The elderly and people with existing chronic conditions appear to be more vulnerable to serious symptoms. Certain population groups are considered to be more at risk; they are more vulnerable to developing serious symptoms. These are mainly people over 65 years of age and people suffering from serious chronic diseases.
Coronavirus in Belgium News:
- August 12, 2020Global report: Germany reports most cases since May as Brussels mandates face masks
- August 11, 2020Coronavirus in Europe: French and Dutch on alert over rise in cases
- August 11, 2020Coronavirus: Belgium beach brawl prompts call to limit visitors
- August 8, 2020Coronavirus: Johnson urged to help out travellers stuck in quarantine
- August 7, 2020Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker review – stunning trio of dance films
- August 6, 2020Belgium, Andorra and Bahamas added to UK's coronavirus quarantine list
- August 5, 2020Meet David: born in France, raised in Belgium, facing removal to the DRC
- August 3, 2020Weatherwatch: lightning unleashes lost mine in Belgium
- August 3, 2020'The law is equal for everyone': Laura Codruța Kövesi, Europe's first public prosecutor
- July 30, 2020Covid-19 quarantine list could be added to within days, says Hancock