Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Austria
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Austria
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
What is SARS-CoV-2? What is COVID-19?
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
What are some COVID-19 symptoms?
Symptoms of COVID-19 vary in severity from having no symptoms at all (being asymptomatic) to having fever, cough, sore throat, general weakness and fatigue and muscular pain and in the most severe cases, severe pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, sepsis and septic shock, all potentially leading to death. Reports show that clinical deterioration can occur rapidly, often during the second week of disease.
Recently, anosmia – loss of the sense of smell – (and in some cases the loss of the sense of taste) have been reported as a symptom of a COVID-19 infection. There is already evidence from South Korea, China and Italy that patients with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection have developed anosmia/hyposmia, in some cases in the absence of any other symptoms.
Coronavirus in Austria News:
- April 13, 2021Austria’s health minister resigns due to ‘overwork’ during Covid pandemic
- April 1, 2021Family of photographer urge Libya to investigate his death
- March 23, 2021Thomas Bernhard was a 'demon', half-brother reveals in bestseller
- March 16, 2021Which European states have paused AstraZeneca jabs due to clotting concerns?
- March 11, 2021Several EU countries suspend AstraZeneca vaccine to investigate blood clot cases
- March 3, 2021Denmark under pressure to drop plans to work with Israel on vaccines
- March 2, 2021Austria and Denmark to work with Israel on future Covid jabs, saying EU 'too slow'
- February 28, 2021New haircuts, old ideology: film warns of shifting far-right strategy in Europe
- February 23, 2021EU tells six countries to lift Covid border restrictions
- February 22, 2021Francis Deutsch obituary