Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Austria
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Austria
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
What is SARS-CoV-2? What is COVID-19?
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
What are some COVID-19 symptoms?
Symptoms of COVID-19 vary in severity from having no symptoms at all (being asymptomatic) to having fever, cough, sore throat, general weakness and fatigue and muscular pain and in the most severe cases, severe pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, sepsis and septic shock, all potentially leading to death. Reports show that clinical deterioration can occur rapidly, often during the second week of disease.
Recently, anosmia – loss of the sense of smell – (and in some cases the loss of the sense of taste) have been reported as a symptom of a COVID-19 infection. There is already evidence from South Korea, China and Italy that patients with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection have developed anosmia/hyposmia, in some cases in the absence of any other symptoms.
Coronavirus in Austria News:
- January 21, 2021Austrian mayors who got leftover Covid vaccines accused of 'queue-jumping'
- January 18, 2021Germany weighs up mandatory FFP2 masks in shops and on transport
- January 9, 2021Austrian minister resigns amid thesis plagiarism scandal
- December 21, 2020Pfizer/BioNTech Covid vaccine approved by European regulator
- December 18, 2020Covid: Austrians who pass antigen test to be exempt from lockdown
- December 10, 2020Otto Hutter obituary
- December 9, 2020'I was nothing': for some asylum seekers, the only option was to return to danger
- December 2, 2020France will carry out border checks to stop skiers from spreading Covid
- December 1, 2020Austria set to bow to pressure on Covid risk with ski holiday ban
- November 30, 2020Role reversals for British aristocrats | Brief letters