It doesn’t get much more awesome than this – engineers have built a real-life, functional Transformer!
The Turkish company Letrons made science-fiction come true with their red BMW-Transformer. It doesn’t fly or shoot anything, but you can drive it around via remote control when it’s in car mode and it has a bunch of amazing features. For all the savvy car owners, it has:
- A 200 Ncm DC servo motor which allows the head to be able to turn 120 degrees. Neck and body connection by 1.000N actuator. Dynamic neck movements with 100 N actuator.
- A main control unit specially designed and programmed for the management of all operational functions like robot transformation.
- A 35.000 N main hydraulic cylinder system and perfect spine structure with extra hydraulic supplements, allowing fast and effective transformation.
- Wi-Fi technology: 2.4 GHz 54 Mbps fast data transfer rate and more coverage with 5 dBi Antenna.
- Individually designed fingers moving with 400 Ncm servo engine power.
- A voice, sound sensitive to environmental factors integration.
- LED based design dynamic eye structure and variable light spectrum, which allows highly effective visuality
You can watch the full presentation video here: