Coronavirus cases and fatalities in Thailand
The number is based on confirmed diagnostic tests. It is very likely that the true number of COVID-19 cases is higher as many cases are asymptomatic.
New COVID-19 cases and fatalities per day in Thailand
This is a good indicator of “flattening the curve” — when there is a steady decreasing trend, it is an indicator that the spread of the disease is slowing down.
If you’d like to use these graphs and maps on your site or articles, please e-mail us.
WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS COVID-19?
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses. COVID-19 is a new strain of coronavirus that causes illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases.
It is zoonotic, meaning that it was transmitted from animal to human. It is now sure that the disease can be transmitted from human to human.
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, coughing, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE VIRUS?
The virus does not spread on its own. People who have the virus are the ones who spread it. Therefore, the following measures can help you protect yourself (and others) from the virus:
- Wash your hands very often;
- Cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve or with a tissue when you cough or sneeze;
- Use single-use tissues, and then throw them away;
- Do not shake hands or greet people with kisses on the cheek;
- Avoid gatherings, reduce travel and contacts.
Coronavirus in Thailand News:
- January 26, 2021Israel sees no serious cases after Pfizer shots
JERUSALEM: Israel, which has already given a full set of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccinations to over 6% of its citizens, has not registered a single serious Covid-19 case among them, even as infections surge …
- January 26, 2021Malaysia secures 18.4m doses of vaccines
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia said on Tuesday it had signed deals with two domestic companies to purchase 18.4 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines produced by Russia’s Gamaleya Research Institute and China’s …
- January 26, 2021Vietnamese trawler seized fishing off Narathiwat
NARATHIWAT: A Vietnamese fishing trawler was seized and four crewmen arrested late on Monday for fishing illegally in Thai waters in Muang district off this southern province.
- January 26, 2021Ratchanok, Pornpawee to face badminton world No.1
Thailand’s Ratchanok Intanon and Pornpawee Chochuwon were handed a tough draw on Tuesday at the badminton World Tour Finals.
- January 26, 2021Grim milestone for Indonesia as coronavirus cases pass 1m
JAKARTA: Indonesia surpassed a million confirmed coronavirus cases on Tuesday, a grim milestone for the Southeast Asian nation that has struggled since last March to get its Covid-19 epidemic under co …
- January 26, 2021Malaysia secures 18.4m doses of Russian, Chinese vaccines
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia on Tuesday struck deals with two domestic companies to purchase 18.4 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines produced by Russia’s Gamaleya Institute and China’s Sinovac, the health m …
- January 26, 2021Social security contribution cut to 0.5% for 2 months
Monthly contributions by salaried employees to the Social Security Fund will be further cut for two months to 0.5% of their salaries from a reduced rate of 3% previously.
- January 26, 2021Half million illegal migrants to be registered
Labour Minister Suchart Chomklin expects about 500,000 illegal migrant workers will be registered by the middle of next month.
- January 26, 2021New Covid outbreak 'could cost 1m tourism jobs' in Q1
Thailand could see a million more jobless tourism workers in the first quarter after its latest wave of coronavirus infections, while relief measures are urgently needed to support the struggling sect …
- January 26, 2021Relaxation on income and property taxes
The cabinet on Tuesday extended the deadline for personal income tax reports and cut land and building tax and property transaction fees to help cushion the effect of Covid-19.