Diets are not easy, and you may find yourself giving in to your snack cravings and compromising your diet. There’s no shame in it; it’s natural to crave salty or sugary snacks because they’re tasty.
However, if you’re making a serious effort when it comes to sticking to your diet, you’ll have to do whatever you can to prevent those cravings from winning.
If you’re in the market for something to suppress those annoying hunger pangs, you’re in luck. Today, we’re going to be looking at five excellent appetite suppressants that are not only effective but made almost entirely from all-natural ingredients.
Top 5 Appetite Suppressants:
- PhenQ – High Quality & Reader’s Choice
- Zotrim – Strongest
- FAB CBD Oil – Best Benefits
- Cheef Botanicals CBD Oil – Best Value
- Instant Knockout – Best Thermogenic
The products we’ll be checking out in this review are PhenQ, Zotrim, FAB CBD oil, Instant Knockout, and Cheef Botanicals CBD oil.
PhenQ, Instant Knockout, and Zotrim are what we’d consider dietary supplements, while Cheef Botanicals and FAB are both CBD oil. The dietary supplements contain different blends of nutrients and plant extracts, while the CBD oils are both based around cannabis extracts.
Read on, and we’ll give you the rundown on how each of these products works, the ingredients in them that make them work, and where you can buy them.
How Did We Pick These Supplements as the Best?
To evaluate these products, we looked at the ingredients contained in each of these products and their effects, and then compared the proven effects of the ingredients to the claimed benefits of each product. We also took a look at factors related to convenience.
Here’s everything we considered when deciding whether or not to include these products in our list of the best appetite suppressants:
- The manufacturer’s promises about each product
- The ingredients each product used and their proven benefits
- Whether the product used synthetically made ingredients
- What the price of each of these products was
Who Should Consider Using Appetite Suppressants?
The majority of individuals who take appetite suppressants do so because they’re concerned about their physical health or because they just want to look skinnier.
Either reason is acceptable, but regardless of what appetite suppressant you choose to take, you should stick with a safe dosage if you don’t want to run the risk of experiencing negative side-effects.
Occasionally a doctor may prescribe appetite suppressants, but only in extreme cases, such as if a patient has a severe problem with morbid obesity. These appetite suppressants tend to use more medicinal ingredients, anyways.
Other than in cases of extreme morbid obesity, people don’t really require appetite suppressants to treat any type of condition.
Best Appetite Suppressant Supplements
The first product that we will be reviewing today is PhenQ. This appetite suppressant is sold by an Australian company, Wolfson Berg Limited.
Wolfson Berg claims that PhenQ will help you burn fat, lessen your cravings for snacks, help you feel more energized, and even brighten your mood.
It’s a similar supplement to both Instant Knockout and Zotrim, as all three of these supplements are based on a blend of mostly natural ingredients.
- Capsimax – This substance is a patented extract that primarily contains capsaicin. Capsaicin comes from hot peppers, and it’s the active component in these peppers that actually makes them taste “hot.” Capsimax is thermogenic, meaning that it puts your body into a state where it starts generating more heat. The process of generating more heat makes you burn more calories.
- Chromium – Chromium is an element that we need to eat in small amounts for numerous health reasons. This supplement contains chromium picolinate, which is just one variety of chromium. You’ll find chromium in other forms in a wide variety of dietary supplements. Chromium allows your body to absorb sugar more efficiently, which prevents you from craving carbs and sugar.
- Caffeine – As we all know, caffeine is an effective stimulant that occurs naturally in some foods. It’s also a common additive in energy drinks because it’s terrific at keeping you energized. It’s also a natural appetite suppressant on its own.
- Cactus fiber – All edible cactus fibers fall into the category of dietary fibers, which are effective at supporting weight loss. Dietary fiber isn’t digestible, so it stays in your stomach for longer and keeps you feeling full. Dietary fiber also binds to molecules of fat in your digestive system, trapping them and preventing your body from using them.
- L-Carnitine – This substance is an amino acid, which is produced naturally in your own body. It signals your body to start using more of its own fat, which helps you control unwanted snack cravings. The version of L-carnitine used in this supplement is actually made synthetically.
How Does PhenQ Work?
This supplement claims to work mainly due to thermogenesis. We mentioned this when talking about thermogenic substances earlier. But thermogenesis is how your body generates heat, which burns calories in the process.
PhenQ also contains several ingredients that work to suppress your appetite. The main one is cactus fiber since it literally fills you up for longer because it can’t really be digested.
Chromium and L-carnitine help your body burn fat and sugar more efficiently to stop you from feeling cravings for them later, and caffeine also naturally suppresses your hunger cravings.
- PhenQ will make your body burn more of its own fat and also restrict your body’s intake of new fat.
- PhenQ contains ingredients like caffeine, chromium, and fiber that keep you feeling full for longer and stop you from feeling hungry so soon after a meal.
- The caffeine PhenQ can also boost your energy, which can help you fight the fatigue that sometimes comes with dieting.
- Some of the ingredients are mild mood-enhancers to help you combat feelings of listlessness or irritability that you can sometimes experience if you’re dieting.
- PhenQ is made from all-natural vegan ingredients, so it’s an inclusive supplement even for people who are restricting their diets.
Your daily dose of PhenQ should be two capsules each day. For the best results, take the first capsule in the morning when you eat breakfast and take the second capsule sometime in the afternoon with lunch or a snack.
PhenQ has added caffeine, so we strongly suggest that you not take more than what the manufacturer recommends. Having an excessively high caffeine intake can really mess up your sleep patterns, and it’s even possible to develop an addiction to caffeine and start experiencing dependency symptoms.
If you tend to react badly to caffeine, you may have to scale back on the dosage and take just one capsule a day. If you don’t have a sensitivity, it’s probably a wise idea to limit the amount of caffeine you’re getting from other sources if you decide to take this supplement.
Where to Get PhenQ?
If you’re interested in trying out this supplement, you can get it from their official website. One container of PhenQ holds a month’s supply of capsules and costs $70.
There are also bulk deals available, where you can receive free containers if you buy more than one container of this supplement at once; for example, if you buy three containers, you’ll get an extra two for free.
This supplement is available with a 67-day refund guarantee if you find the results unfavorable.
PhenQ is available to be shipped worldwide, and no matter where you are, you can also claim free shipping. However, if you happen to live in the U.K., you also get the bonus of potentially being eligible for same-day shipping.
Next up on our list of dietary supplements is Zotrim. Zotrim is another supplement that is advertised as being suitable for general audiences. It’s also advertised as being able to control your hunger pangs and help you burn more fat.
Like we already mentioned, Zotrim is fairly similar to PhenQ and Instant Knockout in the overall effects of its ingredients. However, one major difference is that Zotrim doesn’t contain any ingredients that contain a significant source of dietary fiber.
- Yerba mate – Yerba mate is a leafy plant from South America, and teas made from its leaves have been used to help people lose weight and stay energized. This is because yerba mate is a source of caffeine, which, as we’ve already established, is an excellent stimulant and an appetite suppressant.
- Guarana extract – Guarana originates from South America as well. Guarana extract is made from the seeds of this plant, and the seeds contain a ton of caffeine; around four times what you get from coffee beans.
- Damiana – It is a type of plant found anywhere from the southern States to parts of the Caribbean. It can potentially be used as a treatment for some mental disorders like depression, but it’s used mainly as a natural aphrodisiac.
- Vitamin B3 – Also known as niacin, you need vitamin B3 in your system in order to help you turn whatever food you eat into usable energy. It’s an essential vitamin for your general health; without it, your cells can’t develop or function normally.
- Vitamin B6 – Vitamin B6 is another essential vitamin that can be found in many common food items. Vitamin B6 is particularly vital to your wellbeing because you need it for your brain, nervous system, and immune system to function properly.
How Does Zotrim Work?
The formula for Zotrim includes both yerba mate and guarana, two ingredients that are very rich in caffeine. On top of this, the manufacturer also adds an additional caffeine extract to this formula. In total, you get 75 mg of caffeine per serving, which is not a small amount as far as caffeine goes.
The damiana leaf can potentially help you relax and enhance your mood, which can curb diet-related stress and possibly stop you from stress-eating if that’s something you tend to do.
Vitamin B6 and B3 are also good for suppressing feelings of hunger because they let your body convert the food you eat into the energy you can burn. Your body is basically processing whatever food you eat more efficiently, which can prevent you from needing more food so soon afterward.
- When taken with food, Zotrim will keep you feeling full longer than if you just eat the meal on its own, as tested in a clinical trial.
- Zotrim also lessens your appetite before meals, meaning that not only will you feel fuller after eating, but you won’t feel as hungry beforehand.
- Zotrim contains plenty of caffeine, which can give you a massive boost to your energy levels and help you stay more active during the day.
- Zotrim can increase the benefits that exercise provides; if you take Zotrim before working out, your body will burn more fat during the exercise.
- Zotrim may even help you lose some weight even if you aren’t pairing this supplement with regular exercise.
One daily serving of Zotrim is fairly large. The manufacturer suggests taking no more than three capsules with your daily meals. If you eat three meals a day, that’s no fewer than six capsules daily, just for one supplement.
Considering the amount of caffeine in this supplement, we wouldn’t recommend exceeding nine capsules a day. As we’ve already mentioned, taking too much caffeine can cause multiple health issues.
As for whether you should take two or three capsules with your meals, that largely depends on how big your meals usually are. If you tend to eat smaller meals, then take fewer capsules.
Where to Get Zotrim?
Zotrim has an official website through which you can buy this supplement. One bottle of Zotrim holds a month’s worth of capsules, which appears to be the industry standard for most dietary supplements.
Per individual container, Zotrim costs $5o, meaning it’s the most cost-effective dietary supplement we’ll be mentioning here. You can also purchase bulk orders of Zotrim with the benefit of receiving a reduced cost per container.
Zotrim comes with a 100-day refund guarantee, but this guarantee can only be claimed if you’ve ordered more than one month’s supply of Zotrim. You can also have Zotrim shipped to you no matter where you live, as they offer international shipping.
3. FAB CBD Oil
We’ve got two brands of CBD oil to check out today, and the first one on our list is FAB CBD oil. This oil is taken orally and can be purchased in five flavors: citrus, berry, vanilla, mint, and natural. For each flavor, four different potency levels are available (300, 600, 1200, and 2400 mg per bottle).
This CBD oil contains extracts made from the entire cannabis plant. The only bottle size you can get contains 30 ml but depending on how you use this CBD oil and how frequently you take it, this can potentially last you for a while. People often use CBD oil to treat chronic pain, as well as conditions like insomnia and anxiety.
FAB Oil Ingredients
- Colorado-sourced hemp extract – FAB gets their hemp from Colorado farms that grow all of their hemp organically. The difference between hemp extract and CBD oil that hemp extract is only made from the seeds of hemp plants, while CBD oil contains the entire cannabis plant.
- Full-spectrum CBD oil extract – “Full-spectrum” indicates that this oil contains not just CBD but THC as well. THC is the active component in cannabis that makes you feel “high,” although even full-spectrum CBD oils don’t contain enough THC to intoxicate you.
- Terpenes – These are oils you can find in many different types of plants, including cannabis plants. In plants, different kinds of terpenes provide different colors, flavors, and smells.
- Natural flavorings – All of the flavorings used in FAB’s oils are derived from natural sources.
- Medium-chain triglycerides – Medium-chain triglycerides, also known as MCTs, are a type of fat, but they’re considered to be a “healthy” fat that your body requires. These fats are good for your gut flora, which are bacteria found in your digestive system that help you digest food.
How Does FAB Oil Work?
Perhaps you’re under the impression that any type of CBD oil will make you feel hungry like most cannabis-based products tend to do. But this is not the case at all; even though they come from the same source, CBD oil is considerably different from ordinary dried cannabis.
Because CBD levels are so high and THC levels are relatively low in CBD oil, you don’t experience any food cravings from taking it. Believe it or not, CBD appears to actually block some of your brain’s receptors that receive signals telling you to feel hungry.
CBD oil is also good at lessening feelings of stress or anxiety, which can help prevent you from stress-eating.
- CBD interacts with the part of your brain that controls both your appetite and your response to pain signals, so it not only stops you from feeling hungry, but it is also a mild painkiller.
- CBD is able to activate your brain’s serotonin receptors, which helps improve your mood. Some mental conditions like depression and anxiety happen because of a lack of serotonin, so CBD can potentially be used to treat these conditions.
- High anxiety can increase your blood pressure, so this means that CBD oil has the potential to be good for your cardiovascular health. It may also stop the cells in your heart from receiving as much oxidative damage.
- Depression and anxiety can severely impact your ability to focus. CBD oil can help you stave off intrusive thoughts caused by these issues and help you stay focused.
CBD oil has basically no THC in it at all, meaning you can use it as often as you like without having to worry about overdosing or becoming intoxicated. You can take it whenever you want it most, or even take it daily if you prefer.
We would still suggest that you try to start off taking relatively small doses because the bottle that this CBD oil comes in is quite small. You might burn through your supply quickly if you aren’t careful.
If you find that smaller doses don’t do anything for you, you can safely try larger doses. There’s no limit to the size of the dose you can take, so figure out whatever works for you and stick with that.
When taking CBD oil, don’t put the dropper directly on your mouth, as this can apparently mess with the oil somehow. If you aren’t a fan of the taste of CBD oil but still want to take it, you can easily mix it into a drink.
Where to Get FAB Oil?
FAB sells their CBD oil and other products on their online store. The price per bottle varies depending on the potency you’re after; obviously, the more potent CBD oil costs more. Prices range from $39 to $129 per bottle.
FAB offers refunds on their products, but you must return the product you ordered within 30 days from the purchase date to get your refund. If you bought two or more containers of the same item, you will be ineligible to receive a refund if you opened two or more containers.
At the end of the day, CBD oil is CBD oil, no matter who produces it. The difference between the oil from Cheef Botanicals and the oil from FAB is that Cheef Botanicals lists fewer extra ingredients in its formula and that it’s available at higher potency levels.
Cheef Botanicals Ingredients
- Full-spectrum CBD oil
- Hempseed Oil – Contains omega fatty acids, which are another type of healthy fats that our body needs. Our bodies use omega fatty acids for various purposes.
How Does Cheef Botanicals CBD Oil Work?
The only real difference between most types of CBD oil available is that some of them come in different flavors, and some of them are a bit stronger than others. But the overall effects of each brand of CBD oil are going to be more or less the same.
Just like other CBD oils, Cheef Botanicals oil blocks some of your brain receptors that activate when you’re hungry, which suppresses your appetite.
This CBD oil also blocks pain receptors and activates serotonin receptors, lessening any feelings of physical pain and improving your mental state.
- CBD blocks your brain’s pain receptors, an effective solution for treating both acute and chronic pain.
- CBD interacts with your serotonin receptors, which can help alleviate feelings of anxiety and lighten your overall mood.
- CBD oil is beneficial to your cardiovascular health by lowering your blood pressure levels and reducing oxidative damage to your heart cells.
- CBD doesn’t make you sleepy or confused, as is the case with other cannabis products, meaning it won’t impact your ability to concentrate.
You can take Cheef Botanicals oil as frequently as you want and in as large amounts as you want. Like other CBD oils, it’s totally non-narcotic, meaning there’s no risk of intoxication or overdose.
Cheef Botanicals only sells 15 ml bottles, which are half of the capacity of the bottles sold by FAB. However, you can order a bottle from Cheef Botanicals containing 3000 mg of CBD, so the higher potency balances out the small bottle size.
If you haven’t used CBD oil before, we would suggest starting out with a lower-potency oil and working up to the potency that you feel works best for you.
Where to Get Cheef Botanicals CBD Oil?
If you’re looking to buy a bottle of this oil, you can do so from the Cheef Botanicals official website. Cheef Botanicals CBD oil is ever so slightly less expensive than FAB CBD oil. Bottles cost starts at $25 and ends at $125.
Unfortunately, you can’t get Cheef Botanicals CBD oil if you live outside of the United States. If you find yourself in a position where you wish to return one of their products, Cheef Botanicals asks that you test out the product for one month beforehand. After this time, you get an extra two weeks to return your product in order to get a refund.
Last but certainly not least, let’s check out Instant Knockout. The manufacturer advertises this supplement as a “legal steroid” because they claim it can help you build muscle as well as lose fat.
While Instant Knockout might be fairly similar to PhenQ and Zotrim, it’s targeted less towards a general audience who may want a tool for weight-loss and more towards bodybuilders and serious athletes.
Compared to either PhenQ or Zotrim, the ingredients list in Instant Knockout is pretty long. But the potential benefit of this is that you may see some additional positive effects on your health than you’d get with either of the other two supplements.
Instant Knockout Ingredients
- Green tea – Green tea comes loaded with polyphenols, which are nutrients that can aid in weight loss. It also contains tons of antioxidants and can potentially be good for people with cardiovascular and digestive issues.
- Cayenne pepper seed extract – Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin, which is thermogenic and helps you burn more fat.
- Glucomannan extract – Glucomannan is a type of dietary fiber that comes from konjac roots. Glucomannan fiber prevents your body from taking in excessive fat and keeps you full for longer after you eat.
- Caffeine powder
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12 – This is another ubiquitous vitamin that you mostly get from meat and dairy products. Your body needs vitamin B12 to produce fresh red blood cells as well as make new DNA. Your body also needs it to metabolize energy and for proper nerve function.
- Chromium (GTF) – GTF stands for “gluten tolerance factor.” GTF chromium can be absorbed into your body a bit more efficiently than other types of chromium, but other than that, there’s no difference between this type of chromium and other types.
- Zinc – You can find zinc in a ton of different foods. Your body uses zinc to process fat, carbs, and protein. So, if you have enough zinc in your system, it can go a long way to helping you stay full after eating.
- Piperine – Piperine is an extract that is made out of black peppercorns. The purpose of piperine is to boost the bioavailability of other ingredients, meaning it enables your body to absorb much more of them.
- Green coffee beans – Green coffee beans are simply regular, unroasted coffee beans. When they’re green, coffee beans hold chlorogenic acid, a substance that inhibits your body from absorbing excess glucose and stops you from gaining weight.
How Does Instant Knockout Work?
While Instant Knockout is mainly advertised as a natural bodybuilding supplement, it contains some ingredients that can effectively suppress your appetite.
Instant Knockout contains a lot of dietary fiber from the glucomannan, which, as we know, fills you up for longer and stops fat from being absorbed by your body. You’ve also got ingredients like zinc that let your body process the food you eat more efficiently, which can also help you avoid feelings of hunger.
If you’re on a diet and consuming fewer calories than normal, it’s common to experience lethargy. The caffeine content in Instant Knockout can perk you up and keep you alert while dieting.
- Instant Knockout can increase your metabolic rate, which helps you burn more calories while your body is at rest. It can help you lose weight even if you’re not always physically active.
- Because Instant Knockout allows your body to burn increased levels of fat, this can stop you from feeling hungry as often. If your cells are receiving a steady energy supply, you won’t experience nearly as many cravings for extra snacks.
- Instant Knockout gives you a massive boost of energy from its caffeine content, which is a big bonus for the athletic types that this supplement targets. More energy obviously means longer, more intense workouts, something that can benefit any athlete.
- Instant Knockout contains only made from naturally sourced plant extracts and nutrients, making it safe to use and virtually free of any side-effects when taken properly.
One daily serving of this supplement is four capsules. The manufacturer suggests that you take each capsule separately throughout the day in order to get the optimal effects. You can take this supplement daily, regardless of whether or not you intend to exercise during the day.
Try to take one capsule in the morning, one at lunch, one in the late afternoon, and one at dinner.
While you’ll get the most out of this supplement if you pair it with regular exercise and a healthy diet, you don’t necessarily need to do these things in order to gain some of this supplement’s benefits.
Where to Get Instant Knockout?
Instant Knockout can be bought from the official online store. One container of this supplement costs $59, and for that, you get a month’s worth of capsules, as you might expect.
You also have the option to order either two or three containers at once. If you order two or more, you get free shipping. If you order three, you get the same plus an additional container of Instant Knockout for free. You can only claim free shipping if you live in the U.K. or the U.S., however.
Your order of Instant Knockout will also include a 90-day refund guarantee if you’re dissatisfied in your order at all. Orders are also available with a tracking number so you can check on your order’s status during transit.
What Ingredients Are the Best in an Appetite Suppressant?
A lot of these supplements tend to use ingredients that may be slightly different from each other but are similar in their overall effects.
These are some of the ingredients you should keep an eye out for when picking an appetite suppressant if you want to make sure it will be effective:
- Any ingredient that contains dietary fiber
- B-complex vitamins
- Any type of dietary chromium
- Caffeine extracts or ingredients with caffeine
- Ingredients/extracts containing capsaicin
- Full-spectrum CBD oil (if the product is a CBD oil)
Beginner’s Guide to Taking Appetite Suppressants
While a lot of appetite suppressants are pretty similar, they all have their subtle differences that might make one more suited for a particular individual than another.
No matter which one of these products you end up picking, if any, be sure to always take them within the manufacturer’s recommendations. The serving suggestions exist to keep you safe, not to prevent you from getting the full benefits of the products.
Always talk to a doctor before trying out any new supplement. It’s always possible that you might have an unknown allergy or something else that could safely prevent you from taking an appetite suppressant. A doctor or a dietitian can let you know if an appetite suppressant is suitable for you.
If what you’re looking for is a supplement that can help fill you up more after a meal and stop you from feeling hungry when you’d rather not eat, then any one of these appetite suppressants may be the best for you.
We can conclusively say that these are five of the best appetite suppressants available on the market that are made with only natural ingredients.
If you’re still unsure of what appetite suppressant you should choose, then hopefully, you’ll be closer to reaching a decision now that you’ve read what we have to share!